Saturday, November 15, 2008

First Real Food Challenge Meal a Huge Success!!

I believe that our first meal would be considered an unqualified success by all 21 diners in the Husky Den on Friday night. It was amazing how everything got done in time for us all to sit down together promptly at 7. Xia Zhang took lots of pictures and I hope to upload a slide show of the event to the website soon. I would also like to upload copies of the recipes we used, so please send them to me as soon as you can, given how busy everyone is at this time of the quarter.

The finances worked out well within budget. We have about $45.00 left in the pot for the next meal. I know some of you paid in $20 because of the lack of change and I have you on record so you can pay $10 for next time.

There seemed to be general agreement that we should have our next meal earlier in Winter quarter, preferably before midterms begin. I am open to possible dates. Friday night seemed to work out well this time, so be thinking of an ideal Friday in January for our next foray in communal cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment